Introduction: Scope Of Policy
- This policy applies to Kamori Australia Pty Ltd t/a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary (Lone Pine Koala
Sanctuary, we, us, our) and any website we operate including https://lonepinekoalasanctuary.com (our website).
- At times it is necessary to gather information from our customers, volunteers and other parties with whom we deal to enable us to improve the experience we provide.
- The types of Personal Information Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary collects is dependent on our interactions with you.
- We have implemented this policy to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- This Policy outlines the types of Personal Information that Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary usually collects, the purposes for which we collect it, to whom we disclose it, how we hold and keep it secure, and your rights in relation to your Personal Information, including how to complain and how we deal with complaints.
- This Policy should be read together with our website terms and conditions https://lonepinekoalasanctuary.com
Collection Of Personal Information
7. What Personal Information Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Collects
7.1. Personal Information means information or an opinion about you, whether true or not, from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained, or as otherwise defined by the Privacy Act. This is whether the information is recorded in a material format or not.
7.2. Personal Information also includes information we collect about your individual preferences.
7.3. Personal Information does not include information that is de-identified (anonymous data).
7.4. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary usually collects Personal Information from visitors, clients, members, employees, job applicants, volunteers, sponsors, donors, and partners, and we also collect information from suppliers and other parties we deal with (collectively you, your).
7.5. The type of Personal Information we collect depends on the dealings you have with us.
7.6. The Personal Information a guest is required to provide Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary when they purchase a ticket, attend Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, or participate in any particular activity at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary includes their:
- email address;
- date of birth;
- residential address, or any part thereof;
- telephone or mobile numbers;
- credit card details; and
- the following information necessary for functions/activities/programs:
- dietary requirements; and ii. medical information.
7.7. If you are applying for or enquiring about employment or volunteering with us we will also collect the following information directly from you or indirectly about you:
- resume and cv;
- employment history;
- details of your referees;
- information provided by your referees;
- identity documents; and
- details of your next of kin or emergency contact.
7.8. Every time you use our website, information will be collected by us or on our behalf via services such as Google Analytics. The information that is collected provides us with details about how the website is being used including the frequency and duration of visits, and which web pages you have accessed on the website. Types of information collected includes:
- the date and time of your visit to our website and online software;
- your IP address;
- the address of the documents you access;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- any address of a recurring site and any other website you are about to visit; and
- the information you submit regarding payment particulars.
7.9. We collect Personal Information about children under the age of 16 (minors) as part of our business, for example selling family memberships or tickets. Where we collect Personal
Information about minors, we have adopted the position proposed by the Privacy Commissioner that a young person is able to give their consent when he or she has a sufficient understanding and maturity to understand what is being proposed. Where a minor is not able to give their consent to the collection of their Personal Information, their parent and/or guardian may provide their Personal Information to us and in doing so gives consent to us collecting that Personal Information.
8. Sensitive Information
8.1. Sensitive Information is a subset of Personal Information which includes
- information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- race or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
iii. membership of a political association; iv. religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association; vii. membership of a trade union;
viii. sexual orientation or practices;
- criminal records; and
- health information about an individual;
- genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information;
- biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; and
- biometric templates.
8.2. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary does not collect any Sensitive Information except for health, medical or disability information which is relevant to your participation in a particular activity where:
- the activity requires a minimum standard of physical fitness or mobility; or
- the Sensitive Information is required so Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary can alter the activity and or program to suit your personal circumstance.
9. How Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Collects Personal Information
9.1. Personal Information will be collected about you via the following means:
- directly from you;
- indirectly through a transaction or request for membership or tickets or other services we offer, donations, emails, forms, competition entries, face-to-face meetings, interviews, surveys, registration and attendance at events, business cards, online queries, telephone conversations, a contract we have with you, via CCTV footage and photographs, and use of the services available through our websites, applications and social media channels;
- when you apply for a job or volunteer position with us;
- when you apply to us or enquire about being a sponsor or partner; or
10.1. Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, you may deal with Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary anonymously (e.g. when enquiring about Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary services generally). However, we usually need your name, contact information and other details to enable us to provide our services or products to you.
Why Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Collects Personal Information And How We Use It
11. Why Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Collects Personal Information
11.1. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary will only collect Personal Information from you when it is reasonably necessary to undertake our business activities and functions, or as otherwise permitted by law.
11.2. We collect your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to gain an understanding of your needs so we may provide you with the required services;
- to provide, process and administer tickets, passes, memberships or other goods and services to you;
- to contact you about orders and bookings, or your requests, questions, comments and complaints;
- to process your donation;
- to assist us with raising funds, such as through direct fundraising, memberships, sponsorships, and bequests;
- to analyse our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services;
- for surveys, direct marketing, promotions, competitions and/or events;
- to ensure the proper function of the website and online software;
- for our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- for the promotion of Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and/or third party partners;
- to administer and manage our services including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- to distribute our newsletters and other communications, either directly or using a third party service;
- to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our participating partners, either directly or via a third party advertising platform;
- to assess your application for a role with us and to take references;
- to respond to and manage claims, defend our legal interests and investigate and protect against fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- fulfilling any mandatory reporting obligations required by applicable law, including communicating with you if a notifiable data breach has occurred in relation to your Personal Information;
- any purpose for which you have consented; and
- any related secondary purpose which we believe you would reasonably expect when we collected your Personal Information or as a result of our ongoing relationship with you.
- We use Personal Information for direct marketing purposes with your consent, or where we reasonably believe you would expect to hear from us (for example, to tell you about new products or services and special offers that we believe may be of interest to you, or about an event in your local area).
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary may link the Personal Information it collects from you and use that information to:
- build a profile of your visitation to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary;
- to operate competitions, promotions and events managed by Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary;
- to distribute communications itself or with the assistance of third-party service providers;
- to conduct marketing activities for Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary’s goods and services, or goods and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary’s products, services and marketing activities;
- to create aggregate data through demographic profiling and statistical analysis of the database to provide to third parties and to allow for more efficient operation of Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary’s business;
- to conduct market research and analysis; or
- to facilitate participation in the annual pass.
11.7. We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your Personal Information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
12. Disclosure of Personal Information
12.1. Generally only officers, employees or contractors of Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary will view or use your Personal Information.
12.3. From time to time, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary discloses Personal Information:
- to our related bodies corporate, suppliers, consultants, contractors, branch directors or agents so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested goods or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services;
- if we merge with or are acquired by another entity, to that entity as a part of the merger or acquisition;
- to our insurers as part of any claim;
- if Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary believes that the disclosure may lessen a risk of harm to the health or safety of any person;
- if Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary believes an unlawful activity is being undertaken and the Personal Information is disclosed as part of Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary’s investigation into this activity; and
- to relevant federal, state and territory authorities, where we are required to by law.
- We occasionally engage other companies to provide marketing or advertising services on our behalf. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to deliver the service. If we provide those companies with any of your Personal Information, it is to provide you with a better or more relevant and personalised experience and to improve the quality of those services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your Personal Information.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary shares Personal Information with our e-commerce/point of sale supplier and e-marketing suppliers.
13. International Transfers
13.1. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary may disclose Personal Information to our related entities and foreign corporations based outside of Australia, including in Japan.
Security Of Personal Information
- We take all reasonable and appropriate steps (including organisational and technological measures) to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by:
- requiring our staff to maintain confidentiality;
- implementing document storage security;
- imposing security measures for access to our computer systems; and
- providing a secure environment and access control for confidential information.
- Where we store your Personal Information depends on what interaction you have had with us. For example:
- electronic data which is stored wherever practical under password protection and encryption including:
- website ecommerce software;
- membership database software;
iii. electronic databases, including those for processing customer enquiries or feedback; and iv. email databases for marketing communications; and
- physical data, such as paper based forms, which are stored wherever practical under locked security.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary stores information in web-based systems provided by contracted third party service providers. These third parties are not permitted to access or use any Personal Information that is provided unless access to Personal Information is essential to providing technical support.
- Where possible and practical, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary will endeavour to comply with recognised Australian and international standards relating to information security.
Access To And Correction Of Your Personal Information
18. Accessing Personal Information
18.1. Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to the personal information which we hold about you
18.2. You may do so by contacting the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Privacy Officer (details provided below). Any request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
18.3. If Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary withholds access to Personal Information, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary will provide written reasons to the extent required and how the Customer may complain about the refusal. Alternatively, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary will consider whether the provision of access to an independent third party will meet Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary’s and the relevant Customer’s needs.
19. Correcting Personal Information
19.1. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary regularly monitors the quality and accuracy of Personal Information that it maintains and where practical, updates that information on a regular basis.
19.3. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary does not charge to update details.
Contacting Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is committed to resolve any issues, complaints or concerns about privacy and use of data. If you have a question or comment regarding this Policy or wish to
make a complaint or exercise your privacy rights, please contact our Privacy Officer on the following details:
Attn. Customer Service Team
Telephone 61 7 3378 1366
Postal address 708 Jesmond Road, Fig Tree Pocket, Queensland 4069, Australia
- We will need to verify your identity and we will respond to you within a reasonable period of time to acknowledge your complaint and inform you of the next steps we will take in dealing with your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via their website: oaic.gov.au.